April 21, 2022
This publish is sponsored by We Feed Uncooked. We solely suggest merchandise we all know and love, and all opinions expressed listed below are our personal.
The recognition of uncooked pet food has exploded lately. Greater than ever, skilled canine house owners are exhibiting choice for the biologically acceptable, minimally processed, and nutrition-dense pet food. Many level to the well being advantages of the eating regimen. To call only a few, raw-fed canine typically have smaller and firmer stools, more healthy pores and skin and coats, higher digestion, and fewer allergy signs.
Earlier this 12 months, our long-haired dachshund, Django, had surgical procedure for Intervertebral Disc Disease (IVDD). Along with serving to Django recuperate and embarking on a rigorous bodily remedy program, we (Mike and Steph) additionally examined Django’s eating regimen to see if enhancements may very well be made.
We have at all times been extremely choosy in relation to Django’s eating regimen. We solely feed our bushy little sausage canine top quality and infrequently natural meals. We are likely to favor recent canine meals and by no means hesitate to prime his dinner bowl with wild Alaskan salmon, boiled natural hen, half an egg, and even recent natural strawberries (his private favourite!).
Most just lately, we determined to attempt We Feed Raw. This firm is likely one of the extra respected ones within the uncooked pet food business. It cuts out thriller substances and unpronounceable components and replaces them with simply digestible, human-grade meat. In contrast to different pet food manufacturers whose recipes have limitless and infrequently unrecognizable substances, you may simply rely and establish all We Feed Uncooked recipe elements.
Right here is an sincere and in-depth evaluation of We Feed Uncooked pet food. All opinions expressed are solely our personal and are based mostly on our private expertise feeding We Feed Uncooked to Django.
WE FEED RAW DISCOUNT CODE:
Raw dog food encompasses a spread of substances, however it usually consists of uncooked animal protein (muscle meat and/or organ meats), uncooked eggs, recent vegetables and fruit, and legumes. It might be home made, store-bought freeze-dried, or store-bought frozen.
Here’s a full listing of the commonest substances present in uncooked pet food:
- Muscle meat (i.e., beef, hen, turkey)
- Organ meats (i.e., coronary heart, kidneys, or liver)
- Complete or floor bones (i.e., poultry necks and wings)
- Complete fish
- Uncooked eggs
- Dairy (i.e., cottage cheese and plain yogurt)
- Contemporary vegetables and fruit
- Legumes, nuts, and seeds
- Grains (i.e., cornmeal, millet, and rolled oats)
- Alfalfa energy and kelp
- Important vitamin and mineral dietary supplements
For extra details about feeding your canine a uncooked meals eating regimen, click on right here for our Beginner’s Guide to Raw Dog Food.
We Feed Raw makes biologically-appropriate uncooked canine meals for puppies and grownup canine with human-grade meat. They’re made with roughly 80% muscle meat, 10% organ meat, 10% edible bones, and a vitamin and mineral premix. In contrast to many low tier pet food manufacturers available on the market right this moment, We Feed Uncooked doesn’t use faux flavors, unnatural coloring, fillers, or preservatives.
We Feed Uncooked gives quite a lot of top quality pet food merchandise together with personalized meal plans, 5-pound bulk patties, and uncooked canine treats.
WE FEED RAW FOOD SAFETY
All We Feed Uncooked’s recipes are made in a USDA-certified, human-grade kitchen, and so they comply with the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety. We Feed Uncooked additionally makes use of a excessive water strain expertise known as high-pressure processing (HPP) to guarantee their meat is protected. HPP neutralizes E. coli, Listeria, and Salmonella with out destroying vitamins. We Feed Uncooked doesn’t use any chemical compounds, warmth, preservatives, or unnatural components.
WE FEED RAW DOG FOOD SUBSCRIPTION
We Feed Uncooked’s personalized meal plan is a subscription service. Because of this you join ongoing personalized pet food deliveries on a month-to-month foundation. Be certain to get 20% off your first We Feed Uncooked field by entering promo code DJANGO20 at checkout. In the event you choose to bypass a subscription plan and order in bulk, you too can elect to order any of We Feed Raw’s six recipes in 5 lb bags.
If you’re a brand new buyer and order a We Feed Uncooked Trial Field, additionally, you will be enrolling in a month-to-month plan. Until you cancel your We Feed Uncooked subscription earlier than the top of your trial interval, it’s going to robotically renew.
To cancel your We Feed Uncooked plan, log into your account or ship an e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You too can chat with a customer support consultant at 843-732-2849 or use We Feed Uncooked’s reside chatbox from 8 a.m. to five p.m. EST.
RECIPES AND NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS
We Feed Uncooked has 6 uncooked pet food recipes that have been created by a PH.D. animal nutritionist: hen, duck, turkey, beef, lamb, and venison. We have had the privilege of attempting all of those recipes with Django—extra on Django’s response to We Feed Uncooked beneath!
All We Feed Raws recipes meet AAFCO’s Dog Food Nutrient Profiles, together with the expansion of giant-breed puppies (i.e., 70 lbs or extra). They’re roughly 80% muscle meat with connective tissue and fats, 10% organ meat, and 10% edible bone. To make sure correct diet, We Feed Uncooked additionally provides a high-quality vitamin and mineral premix to their recipes.
Listed below are the substances, calorie content material, and assured evaluation for every We Feed Uncooked pet food recipe.
QUALITY OF INGREDIENTS
All We Feed Uncooked’s recipes are made with USDA-certified, human-grade meat. USDA certification signifies that strict requirements have been met for processing, labelling, facility sanitation, and slaughtering operations. Listed below are a couple of extra information about We Feed Uncooked substances.
- Meaty meat (i.e., muscle meat with connective fats and tissue) and organ meat. We Feed Uncooked’s beef, hen, turkey, and duck comes from farms within the U.S. The hen, duck, and turkey are conventionally raised, and the cows are grass-fed. We Feed Uncooked’s lamb and venison are sourced from New Zealand. They’re pasture-raised, grass-fed, and grass-finished (i.e., they eat grass their complete life).
- Uncooked meaty bones. We Feed Uncooked makes use of turkey necks of their Turkey Recipe. For the Beef, Lamb, and Venison Recipes, they use beef necks. The uncooked pet food firm additionally makes use of duck necks of their Duck Recipes and hen necks of their Hen Recipes.
- Vitamin/mineral premix. We Feed Uncooked’s vitamin and mineral premix is sourced and made in the US.
We Feed Uncooked packing containers are shipped on to your door and embody individually, vacuum-sealed meal plan packets. For an instance of what a meal plan packet appears to be like like, merely consult with the picture above of Django’s Hen Patty recipe packet.
Meals are shipped frozen in insulated and biodegradable packaging. The quantity of uncooked meals in every meal plan packet relies in your canine’s weight, power stage, and physique situation. For reference, our 6-year-old dachshund Django is 13 kilos, and his exercise is presently restricted as a result of he’s recovering from IVDD surgery. His meal plan packets are presently 6 ounces in weight. That is sufficient meals for 1 day—3 ounces for breakfast and three ounces for dinner.
Our We Feed Uncooked meals has at all times arrived frozen stable and in excellent situation. Upon receiving our We Feed Uncooked supply, Mike and I merely switch Django’s meal packets immediately into the freezer. Because the picture reveals above, Django’s 6 ounce meal packets are small sufficient to slot in a regular cereal bowl. This makes them very straightforward to stack and retailer within the freezer. We do not have to fret about large frozen pet food containers that hardly slot in our freezer!
Since the meal packets are pre-portioned, they solely want about 12 hours within the fridge to defrost. This implies we merely have to put one new meal packet within the fridge the evening earlier than it’s for use. By morning, the meal packet is thawed and able to be devoured by Django.
Along with the meals, every field of We Feed Uncooked contains feeding directions tailor-made to your canine in addition to a reusable silicone container and lid to retailer refrigerated meals.
Though Django can not describe with phrases how he feels about We Feed Uncooked, his actions converse fairly loudly…. Django flips out each time we lower open a We Feed Uncooked meal packet! He shrieks excitedly, spins round, and tries to leap up at us whereas we’re getting ready his meal. Based mostly on his conduct and ridiculous high-pitched sausage canine screams, you would assume that we hadn’t fed Django in weeks!
If I needed to guess, it’s the aroma of the top quality and uncooked animal protein that will get Django so excited. The one different instances Django will get this crazed over meals is once we are about to provide him freshly cooked hen or recent strawberries. Curiously sufficient, We Feed Uncooked meals doesn’t have a discernible odor to people. The uncooked pet food’s scent is pleasantly delicate and unnoticeable. Clearly, Django’s sturdy dachshund nostril tells him in any other case!
Since Django remains to be in restoration and rehab mode after his IVDD surgical procedure, Mike and I really grew involved Django may re-injure himself with all of this pleasure over We Feed Uncooked! To make sure Django stays protected and would not hinder his restoration, we have just lately been conserving him in his crate whereas getting ready his morning and night meals. Preserving Django contained for this brief time period prevents him from working across the kitchen like a mad man, leaping up on us, and re-harming his delicate again.
So to sum up Django’s suggestions and expertise along with his new uncooked pet food… he completely loves We Feed Uncooked!
Right here is the way to order your first We Feed Uncooked trial field:
- Step 1: Go to We Feed Raw’s website. If you’re on a private laptop, you may click on the accessibility icon — the determine with outstretched legs and arms in a circle. Situated underneath the Create Your Meal Plan button, it enables you to change distinction (i.e., hi-con, desaturate, and invert), improve textual content measurement, and alter the font (sans serif, serif, and dyslexic).
- Step 2: Choose the Create Your Meal Plan button. Then full your pup’s profile (i.e., identify, age, gender, breed, physique situation, exercise stage, and protein allergic reactions).
- Step 3: Enter your e mail deal with, and verify the “I conform to the Terms & Conditions” field. Then click on the Construct Their Excellent Plan button.
- Step 4: Choose your pooch’s recipes: hen, turkey, duck, beef, lamb, and/or venison. You can also order bulk raw dog food patties in 5 lb increments.
- Step 5: Do you wish to combine your uncooked pet meals with high-quality dry dog food and/or fresh dog food? Tick the “I will likely be supplementing my pet’s We Feed
- Step 6: Then choose whether or not you wish to use We Feed Uncooked as an entire meal (i.e., 100% We Feed Uncooked ) or a pet food mixer (i.e., 75% or 50% We Feed Uncooked). In contrast to different fresh dog food brands we’ve got lined, We Feed Uncooked doesn’t have a “Three-Quarter Plan” or “Half Plan” for small canine breeds (i.e., 10 lbs or much less). The uncooked pet food model additionally doesn’t provide a “Half Plan” for canine underneath 20 lbs.
- Step 7: Click on the Checkout button and enter We Feed Raw promo code DJANGO20 for 20% off your first box. Enter your private info (i.e., identify, password, e mail deal with, cellphone quantity, and billing/delivery deal with). Then enter your debit and/or bank card info. We Feed Uncooked accepts American Categorical, Uncover, Mastercard, PayPal, and Visa.
We Feed Uncooked’s value will depend on your canine’s measurement, exercise stage, and aim weight. Additionally it is based mostly on which uncooked pet food recipes you feed him. Hen, lamb, venison, and duck value greater than turkey and beef. The associated fee can be linked as to if you employ We Feed Uncooked as a pet food topper, a pet food mix-in, or the primary meal.
For instance functions solely, we priced out meal plans for 4 totally different canine breeds. They embody a 10-lb miniature pinscher, a 20-lb French bulldog, a 40-lb English bulldog, and a 60-lb customary poodle. The meal plans are based mostly on a various protein number of hen, beef, turkey, and lamb. Every canine used for our pricing evaluation is 6 years outdated, neutered, in excellent form (not chubby or underweight), reasonably energetic (i.e., one hour stroll per day with additional play periods on the weekends), and with out protein allergic reactions.
HOW MUCH IS SHIPPING?
We Feed Uncooked’s customized meal plans and 5-pound bulk patties are cold-shipped totally free to the decrease 48 states.
To learn the way typically you’re going to get deliveries, go to We Feed Uncooked’s Start Meal Plan page. Upon getting signed up for a subscription, you may change your deal with, skip a field, or rotate your canine’s recipes within the My Account section.
1. IS WE FEED RAW A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY?
2. HAS WE FEED RAW EVER BEEN RECALLED?
3. WHO DEVELOPED WE FEED RAW’S DOG FOOD RECIPES?
We Feed Uncooked’s pet food recipes have been created by a Ph.D. animal nutritionist with greater than 30 years of expertise in canine nutrition and uncooked feeding.
4. HOW LONG DOES WE FEED RAW AND STAY FRESH AFTER BEING DELIVERED?
Of their authentic packaging, We Feed Uncooked’s personalized meals and 5-pound bulk patties will maintain in your freezer for as much as 6 months. The meal plan packets take roughly 12 hours to thaw whereas the majority patties thaw in roughly 24 hours. As soon as your canine’s uncooked meals is thawed, it’s going to solely keep recent in your fridge for as much as 4 days.
5. WHAT IS WE FEED RAW’S RETURN POLICY?
We Feed Uncooked’s minimally processed uncooked pet food is perishable. To prevent food poisoning, exchanges and returns are usually not allowed. However the South Carolina-based firm might refund or change any misplaced packing containers if they’re attributable to a third-party provider like UPS. In the event you transfer and don’t present We Feed Uncooked with a change of deal with, they won’t refund and/or change your order. To request a return and/or alternative, e mail at email@example.com or name 843-732-2849 inside 30 days of buy.
6. IS MIXING RAW DOG FOOD WITH DRY DOG FOOD SAFE?
Sure, it’s protected to combine uncooked pet food with kibble. Bacterial adjustments in your canine’s intestine may cause diarrhea. They’re extra more likely to occur while you dramatically change his eating regimen, not while you feed him a steady combo of high-quality dry and uncooked pet food.
“Folks do it on a regular basis, continuous; sushi tonight, Italian tomorrow, a Huge Mac the day after,” says We Feed Raw’s Ph.D. animal nutritionist. “And all animals within the wild dine on a smorgasbord. They eat what they will once they can, and their metabolic equipment is perfected by tens of millions of years of evolution to thrive on selection simply high quality.”
7. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RAW MEATY BONES AND RECREATIONAL BONES?
Uncooked Meaty Bones are versatile and straightforward for canine to crunch and tear. Uncooked beef, hen, lamb, and turkey bones are excessive in calcium. It not solely strengthens your pup’s bones however helps his muscular tissues contract.
Uncooked meaty bones present psychological stimulation and improve a cheerful hormone known as serotonin. (The human equal is fixing a jigsaw puzzle whereas brushing your tooth.) Uncooked meaty bones are additionally like “Nature’s toothbrush” as a result of they take away plaque and tartar out of your canine’s tooth. Whereas uncooked meaty bones are protected on your canine companion, cooked bones are very harmful. That’s as a result of they will splinter and get caught in his throat. With that mentioned, watch your canine whereas he’s chewing a uncooked meaty bone, and throw it away as soon as the meat is gone.
8. WHY IS MY DOG DRINKING LESS WATER AFTER EATING WE FEED RAW?
All We Feed Uncooked’s recipes are low in sodium and have greater than 68% moisture. Which means your canine is getting the water he wants from his minimally-processed uncooked meals. Kibble is about 10% water, so canine on a dry eating regimen might want to drink 1/8 of a cup of water per pound of body weight daily.
9. WILL MY DOG GO THROUGH DETOX AFTER STARTING WE FEED RAW?
Your canine may undergo detox while you swap him from canned moist meals and/or kibble to We Feed Uncooked. This implies his physique is eradicating impurities and toxins because it adjusts to getting correct vitamins. Sadly, detox may cause dangerous breath, itchy skin, diarrhea, and/or vomiting. Relying in your pup’s age, immune system well being, and the way lengthy he has been fed low-quality pet food, detox can final days, weeks, and even months.
10. MY DOG IS POOPING LESS, AND IT IS WHITE. IS THAT NORMAL?
If his poop is white and grey or dry and crumbly, it’s almost certainly as a result of We Feed Uncooked comprises finely floor, edible poultry/beef bones.
11. WHY IS MY DOG’S POOP ENCASED IN MUCUS AFTER SWITCHING TO RAW FOOD?
Mucus is made by your canine’s intestines and retains the liner of his colon moist and lubricated. So it’s regular to see a small quantity of this slimy, jelly-like substance in his poop. While you first swap your canine to We Feed Uncooked, his stool could also be surrounded by a shiny mucus-like casing. This normally means his digestive tract is eliminating the junk in his system. Although mucus-covered poop will also be attributable to polyps, autoimmune issues, parasites, cancers, and parvovirus.
- In 2009, Alissa Zalneraitis and her future husband, Wealthy Reel IV, based We Feed Uncooked. As a canine proprietor and foster father or mother, Alissa wished to feed “the world’s friendliest wolfpack” the healthiest uncooked pet food.
- Alissa and Wealthy (a former sushi chef) initially ran their uncooked pet food enterprise of their storage. It was full of 500-pound chest freezers.
- Tragically, simply as We Feed Uncooked was taking off, Alissa was identified with terminal most cancers. The 34-year-old continued working till the week she died, simply 2 days earlier than Christmas in 2014. At this time, Alissa’s household carries on her legacy: “We love canine, so we feed them nicely.”
- We Feed Uncooked’s coolers are additionally biodegradable, compostable, and eco-friendly. While you run them underneath chilly water, they disappear inside minutes.
- We Feed Uncooked posts uncooked canine deal with recipes like Peanut Puppet Pooch Cake on their Facebook and Instagram pages.
Do not forget to make use of We Feed Uncooked promo code DJANGO20 for 20% OFF your first field!
Questions? Feedback? Do you could have an expertise with We Feed Uncooked that you just’d prefer to share with our canine loving neighborhood? Please let a remark beneath. We might love to listen to from you!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.